<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4087040881963368358?origin\x3dhttps://09onefive-rocks.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>



Profile

Country:Singapore
Year: 2009/2010
Location:NYJC
People: 24


Counter



click on me



TAGBOARD



Archives



CREDITS

Layout: DayBeforeMisery
Resources: 1 2 3 4 5
Tool: Gimp 2.4

Review/reflection on GedEd!
Date: Sunday, March 8, 2009 || Time: 9:54 PM
Every GP Rep must post a review or reflection of the “Get Ed!” by the end of this week (which means I must post a review before 12 today), according to the teacher who was in charge of the briefing last Monday. So, I have to write down something to show the teachers that I was paying full attention during the lectures on that day.
First, I think the “Get Ed!” is interesting and useful to us because I got to know more about the world. For example, mass media is used to define a section of media meant to reach out to a large group of audience and it was coined in1920s (First book is Diamond Sutra in ninth century). This lesson is significantly relevant to J1s who will be enjoying our project work this year… as the mass media is now an integral part of most research processes due to the advent of Internet which allowed many print materials to be uploaded. Moreover, Internet information is only as reliable as the person or an organisation which posts this information. The domain address can be an indicator of reliability. Therefore, we must NOT use the information from Wikipedia, online forum or personal blogs and websites for our Project Work.
Next, I have learnt from a lecture which was “Mathemedia” that mathematics is a medium of communication. It is the language of nature and universe. It is an endeavor of the human spirit as it communicates deep ideas and concepts. Numbers, statistics and graphs are all forms of media. Nowadays, media has changed the way that mathematical instruction is being carried out.
Lastly, the Globalisation and Popular Culture is also a important topic for us. Time-space compressions are made possible by technological advances in transportation and communication. -------To be continued… (Ps, I have to sleep now and can you guys please help me to add on to 500 words when you are free, thank you!) 《currently 297 words》